Monday, June 9, 2014

Let me introduce myself, my name is...

My name is Alison.  I know, you're probably thinking, well this is a boring introduction.  But I am far from boring.  I live a pretty crazy life and have started a new chapter.  I grew up in Grand Junction, Colorado, home of the Colorado National Monument.  I was a Falcon, a Tiger and a Maverick.  Once I graduated college, I set my sights on the country and picked a place on the map to move.  I eventually had to decide between Austin, Texas, or Nashville, Tennessee.  I visited Austin on a relatively normal weekend, or so I thought, to check it out and see if I could see myself living there.  It ended up being the weekend before Halloween, but in Austin, that is a week long celebration.  I ended up making friends with a guy down there and he ended up being one of my best friends.  Four months later, my car was packed up, mom and I were on the road, and I was a resident of Austin on 01/12/2007.  I spent over 7.5 years as a resident there - I lost count of all the shows I went to, whether they were country, pop, rock, classics, or across the country.  I went to ACL once, SXSW multiple times, College Station, Waxahachie, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Galveston, and Amarillo.  My tires have travelled many miles across the Great State of Texas.  On May 23, 2014, a 14' Uhaul was packed to the brim with my vehicle up on a tow trailer, and I was off on another adventure of a lifetime.  Nashville, TN, has now become my home and it has only taken me 2 weeks to fall in love. I've already lost count of how many shows I've attended and I love the vibrant energy of this town.  I've never felt so sexy or received so many compliments on my smile.  Nashville will be home for a while - who knows how long, but I'm the happiest I've been in years.  

This blog will be to keep track of all the fun I'm having with music and traveling.  I can't wait to add some other milestones along the way as well.  Let's see what this next decade has to offer!

6/8/2014: The hippie boho bug has bit me...

2 comments:

  1. Happiness looks great on you Ali! I'm happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady!!! I'm hoping to start posting at least once a week. Setting goals. #straightkillinit

    ReplyDelete