Monday, June 9, 2014

CMA Fest 2014

Little did I know that my move to Nashville would coincide perfectly with the CMA Festival. Here's a little background on the festival.  

CMA (Country Music Association) started over 40 years ago, in 1972 as Fan Fair.  Many artists ranging from Dolly to Willie to Taylor to Tim and Faith have all performed there.  CMA is now a 4 day music festival that literally takes OVER Nashville.  LP Field is home to the evening shows, and downtown is home to concerts happening from early morning until late into the night.  This is an event where the artists give back to their fans and participate in meet and greets and private performances.

I started my first CMA festival early in the week at Whiskey Jam, which was a great experience.  I hadn't heard of a lot of the performers, but I was pleasantly surprised at the talent.  I was introduced to Ingram Hill, The Brothers Osborne and the Tennessee Kings.  Stoney LaRue was there too - which made my Texas roots happy. 








Tuesday night brought power to my soul.  Chris Janson, Charlie Worsham, Blake Shelton and Lady Antebellum.  My mind was blown, and the festival hadn't even started yet.








Wednesday brought the Tracy Lawrence fan club party, which included some Trent Tomlinson and Joe Diffie as well.  Thursday, I rested because I had been going non-stop and my body was screaming at me and I have learned I have to listen or there can be dire consequences.  Friday started out with another Charlie Worsham performance - I cannot wait until he makes it more mainstream.  I experienced the Bud Light Stage, the HGTV house, the Chevy tent - it is amazing how much they have taken care of the country fans.  I got a lot of free swag that day, including hair and makeup for free.  I met a couple of awesome people that night as well.  Saturday started off with a volunteer shift at the U-Verse Fan Fair, which was an experience in and of itself.  Once again, I scored free swag and also got to see one of my absolute favorite new artists, Justin Adams.  Even though he's an Okie, I'll give him a free pass.  He wrote an amazing song about Texas and heartbreak that us girls cause.



I also went to a Fan Appreciation party held by Tyler Farr, where he treated his fans to free drinks, food and meet and greets.
After this, there was a HUGE rainstorm that came through with a bunch of tornado warnings, but I got home before it all came crashing down.

Sunday was a laid back day, with another volunteer shift at the fan fair.  I also caught Jamie Lynn Spears, David Ray, Laura Bell Bundy, The Brothers Osborne (again), Wanda the Wanderer (Miranda Lambert's airstream trailer) complete with a Platinum tattoo, Cam, and some free Blue Bell Ice Cream.

Overall, I'd say this was a very successful first attempt at CMA Fest.  I never made it to the Riverfront series or LP field for the night shows, but for having no plan as to where to go or what to see, I smashed it out of the park.  

No comments:

Post a Comment