Friday, July 18, 2014

Sam Hunt

Needless to say, I'm obsessed.  I mean just look at him.  

I saw him last week for the first time at a taping, and sadly, no phones were allowed.  But it was also nice to not see cameras or phones blocking my view.  Sometimes I am very sad at the amount of technology we rely on, and I definitely have used it too much at concerts, but I digress.

Last night, Big 98 WSIX held their weekly Free Thursday night showcase at Dave and Buster's.  I absolutely love that this exists and almost every week, a meet and greet is offered.  I knew this was going to be a big show and I wanted to get there early.  I showed up 2 hours early to try to get a table for me and my girlfriends.  They moved the concert outdoors in anticipation of the crowd that was going to show.  When I arrived, all the tables were packed and there were probably about 150 people there.  Luckily I found a chair by a door and that ended up being the best seat in the whole house.  I felt so bad for the waiters and servers who had to work their way through this crowd all night long.  I think the crowd eventually grew to about 700+ people, making the meet and greet impossible.  I was definitely a bit disappointed in this, but it was a free event, and I don't think anyone really expected the crowd to be that large.

  

I don't know how many people I have told "you need to check this guy out," "he is so talented it's ridiculous," and "did you know he wrote [insert song here]?"  Not only does he have an amazing voice and an infectious smile, but he is talented.  I don't think he fits into the whole "bro-country" phase that is happening in the country scene right now, but I'm not sure where he really fits.  He creates the perfect country formula, but he still has some fast-talking in his music.  He definitely is creating a new country mold, but I am so glad he is doing it.  Next time you hear Keith Urban's "Cop Car" or Billy Currington's "We are tonight," just thank Sam Hunt.  And also, download "Leave the Night On" and "Raised on it" - I guarantee you will not regret it.  You may not be able to get either out of your head.  I cannot wait until he releases "Take Your Time."

Here are some videos from last night.  Try not to sing along.

"Leave the Night On"



"Cop Car"




"Dust on the Bottle"


"Chattahoochie"


"We Are Tonight"


"Strawberry Wine"


No comments:

Post a Comment